Privacy Policy

Friday, May 23, 2014

Ipsy - May 2014 - The bag of "Fresh Picks" Review

I was pretty excited to see what Ipsy brought me this month as I have a vacation planned :) Out of this fickle minded Wisconsin weather& the job slavery to the warm beach throes of LA :) for one blessed week.
As I'm travelling with a toddler & more luggage means more checkin costs, I really want to pack smart & as little as possible.So I'm using the Ipsy purses to take whatever I want in an organized fashion - from tooth brushes to foundation brushes :) Having the small sample sized cosmetics/skin products from Ipsy is helping too..

Speaking of which, below are the items I've got in this month Ipsy Bag. This month's theme is "Fresh Picks" and the bag was a refreshing canvas material ( with no chemical smell like the previous bags) with green leaves printed on one side.
If you dont know about Ipsy, it is a beauty products sample subscription service costing $10 with free shipping. There are usually 16-20 different items that could have arrived in Ipsy bag every month and each subscriber will receive 4-5 full sized/sample sized products out of them. 

I got the below in my May Bag:

** Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask – 60 ml Value $12

The product says that it deeply conditions, repairs and strengthens dry and damaged hair. Argan Oil nourishes and revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair’s strength and elasticity. The results are pretty much hydrated, soft and manageable hair. I felt it was similar to Dove deep moisturizing conditioner. I liked the sample as it was a nice deluxe size.But I may not buy it anytime soon.

** Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF 50 – 1 oz Value $2.17
I dont usually wear much sunscreen. Being from India's hottest climates, wisconsin seemed to be not that bad at all during sunny days. But I heard that the UV is very harsh in US overall. So its better to be safe than sorry. I was pretty happy to have this sunscreen tube as summer just around the corner, and a week-long trip to Southern California looming not too far in the distance. The best part is that it did not make my skin look oily or sticky. Here is a safety tip -  always make sure your sunscreen hadn't expired before you put it on, as there are known cases of sunburn poisoning. 

** Revlon ColorBurst™ Matte Balm in Elusive ($8.99)
Not totally in love with the color, as I've some already in this shade. Also it was very different to look as it is a matte balm. I tried on impulse to use this as eyeshadow, guess what it is really like a creamy eyeshadow and looks really good too .. 2 for 1 :)  

** Pacifica Natural Beauty Eye Shadow Duo 2 – Value #3.92

 There were two duos in this month's options and I got the unicorn & moonbeam shades. I love the purple and the white colored one, has a shimmer and some gold notes. But the downside was that blending this shadow proved to be a task in itself. The colors in this duo aren't really pigmented that much, and I found myself having to keep applying more and more of each shade to get it to show up on my lids at all. But I read other reviews where they suggested to use this with a primer. I'm not really that patient when it comes to makeup so I will not buy this eyeshadow again.

** derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub 1oz (sample) - Value: $16.25 

Last bag also I received the costly dr. brandt scrub sample but it just lasted only for one use. But this scrub, which is half the cost of the dr. brandt one, has more to it. It has the similar lemony scent and the deluxe sample will definitely last 4-5 uses. I have combination skin that is prone to breakouts and I atleast scrub twice a week. This scrub was really good & my skin felt smooth, soft, clean, and refreshed after. I may buy a full size once I finish up with my existing scrub packs.

So in total, i received $43 worth of products. Also I'm really happy with all the samples & would rate 4 on 5 for the May Ipsy Glam Bag.

If you are interested to be excited in receiving 4-5 beauty products every month:Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/53m6


No comments:

Post a Comment

>