Privacy Policy

Monday, July 14, 2014

Ipsy - June 2014 - "Pretty in Paradise" Bag review

Its kinda very late to post the June Ipsy Bag review. But i got a couple of products unusable & was waiting for their replacements from Ipsy.As all say - better late than never!!!

The June Ipsy bag theme is Pretty In Paradise.  Looks like a summer - beach themed products this time.  It was designed by Rebecca Minkoff and I love the colors, the pattern, everything! 


 Got the below products in my bag, but unfortunately I was not able to use two of them: the perfume sample had leaked away entirely & the mascara was too dry to use & caused burning in my eyes.

Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara ($15): I read a few reviews about smell of this mascara and I thought gosh, how bad can this really be?  Well, I can confirm that it totally stinks.  Also when tried on my eyes, it burned a lot. 


Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray (Deluxe sample -$3.25): This smells great like a coconut- salty flavor. But as I have very curly hair I didnt know what to do with this. But I guess i can use it if I dont have time to blow dry my hair. May be it will tame my locks.

NYX Butter Gloss (Eclair) ($5): Totally love it.  I got the Creme Brulee shade.

Realtree For Her Eau de Parfum (sample size)- it is  a mixed of many floral notes & I definitely loved it. Unfortunately I wasnt able to use it. Full size is prices around $25.
Ofra Universal Eyebrow Pencil ($13) - This eyebrow pencil shade is supposed to “suit all skin tones,” but it seems a bit dark to me to suit all eyebrow hair shades.  
I emailed Ipsy about my mascara & the perfume sample. Though they had heavy complaints regarding the mascara, Ipsy was really sweet to send subsitute products to those requested. I got the Elizabeth Mott's "its so big" mascara (deluxe size) & Demeter perfume oil - "Salty Air". I'm not very keen on mascara & I've a couple of more that I got part of my gift set earlier last month. So I'm probably going to trade this one. As for the perfume oil, the concept is quite good but I did not like the fragrance - a beachy scent. I would have loved it if it were something floral.
But anyways, the total bag was worth $45 ($21.25 w/o the mascara & perfume sample) and substitutes were worth around $17, which is really awesome & kudos to the Ipsy customer service team.

Note: If you are interested to be excited in receiving 4-5 beauty products every month:Join me on Ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/53m6

This post also contains external links to the products page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

>