Privacy Policy

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Starlooks - Looksbook September 2015 - Revival Edition Review


              I received my September Starlooks Looksbook last week & I have been playing around with it for the past couple of days. I'm in so love with the concept of the LooksBook subscriptions. 




If you haven't read my previous review of Starlooks Looksbook for the Resort Edition, then let me give a short gist. Every month, LooksBook has a theme and they try to match the products with the theme. We get about 3 products in a keepsake travel-size book. This month theme - Revival, made me remember of hot jungle nights.
Below are the 3 products from the Revival Looksbook:

Rawr Lipstick -- A bold, soft creamy matte pink shade. But it might need a dash of lip balm beneath else may end up looking a bit dry.


* Agave Eye Shadow duo -- This is a mini matte eyeshadow duo of Revival. It features a red agave & green agave shade. Starlooks recommend the green in the inner corner & red on the outer.

* Flora Mascara-- A mascara mini in a dark teal, very close to a navy-looking shade. You cant really see in the picture but it sure makes a good color for eyes. The only disadvantage I found with this is that its a bit dry and may not last couple of uses. It could be just my piece as I've seen raving reviews about this.










As I explained in my previous review of the Resort Edition, there is a tips booklet giving you a look to recreate from the products. You can apply the eyeshadow as suggested and come out with a soft smoky eye. But remember, the colors look a tad different on different skin tones. I felt the lip color also did not exactly match the tipsbook. Mine was more pink in color after applied. But I loved all the products.




These are not yet available separately in the Starlooks website, but you can purchase the past Looksbooks too. Definitely the products altogther are more worth than $12.  Check out more details about Starlooks or subscribe your own box with this link: Starlooks

Note
I received one or more of the products in my reviews for free/in discount. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my followers/reader/friends.

27 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for beauty subscription boxes! I will definitely be considering this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how green would look on me. I would like to give it a try. I never tried beauty subscription boxes. I do like what you received and the tips they provide. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Glad you like my post.. Do try this out. There is a link in the post for signing up.

      Delete
  3. I love that they send you tips with the set. I seriously need the tips!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color palette of those! You look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the lip color doesn't match. Regardless, it looks really nice on you. I love that they send the tips booklet because I would not not what to do with the make up after getting it hahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love subscription boxes and this seems like a nice one! Honestly, I think those are some beautiful colors that came in your box and look great on you! I'm a sucker for eye shadows myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eye shadows too. Let me know if you decide to get this box :)

      Delete
  7. The products look nice on you. I liked the colors from the Revival Edition as well. I am wondering about the lipstick on you. Were you wearing a lip balm or lip moisturizer that has a lot of shine or that has a slick look to it. It seems like this is what you were dealing. The lipstick I received had a creamy matte finish to it not the glossy look yours did. When I wear matte lip color I will blot my lips with a tissue if I am wearing a lip moisturizer so the emollients and oils do not interfere with color and finish. They will change the lip color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I used the first time without any primer or lip balm, but it was blotchy. so I used lip balm & then the lipstick.

      Delete
  8. Those colors look nice on you. I have been seeing good reviews for this subscription box. I may have to check it out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the looks! Very pretty. I have heard about this lookbook and I think it is such an awesome idea. I'm not very talented when it comes to make up, but I want to get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The tips book is interesting too.. Do you want to try this out and see. The link is in the post.

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) The tips book is interesting too.. Do you want to try this out and see. The link is in the post.

      Delete
  10. Awww. That is a bummer about your mascara as mine seemed almost too wet. I ended up blinking right after applying and had a huge mess under my eyes lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can never have too much make up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this subscription box until now, I'm definitely thinking about checking it out now! and the colors are so pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This subscription is new to me. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

>