Privacy Policy

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ipsy - Feb 2014 - The Look of Love Bag Review

February bag was my second IPSY bag. It wasn't a hit or a miss.. but definitely better than the Jan bag.

The bag was a Love Pink bag for the Valentine Theme, and most of the products were in shades of pink.


I got the below 5 products:

** The Pop beauty plump Pout Mini was in the shade Fuschia Freesia. I didnt feel good about the color as I usually wear much less neutral or nude shades. But is looked much brighter on the lips than in the glass bottle. Also had a bit of burning sensation for some time when I applied. I'm not keen about buying this product again. The full sized gloss costs around $16 in stores like ULTA and the one i got was about half the store size.


** The Zoya nail polish Odette was really good, in kind of an orchid purple color and it costs around $8.

** City Color Matte blush - Fresh Melon : It was a full size product that costs around $2.99; I had never tried this brand before and I am very impressed by the quality of this blush, especially for its low price. It is quite soft and it kicks up a little powder when swirled, but did not feel at all gritty or chalky like some drugstore-level blushes can.


**J. Cat False Eyelashes – Retail Value is $3.99. I've not tried this product yet as I dont usually wear fake lashes. But the description says its completely reusable and comes with the glue too.


** Skyn ICELAND Fresh Start Mask with Ice Age Mud - This looks like a fascinating product. First the clay should be applied on face, then the activating gel should be added. Apparently, the combination will actually fizz/foam in a warming solution. I've tried a couple of other clay masks and they are really good for my combination skin. This come about $6.5 worth.


I had expected other products that they recommended like the Pacificia body cream, Uberliss Rituoil or the Jessica's 9 color eye palette.. I've re-taken my Ipsy quiz hoping that I get the products that I really like.


Altogether, the bag was worth approx $30, but the cost was $10 including free shipping. Definitely worth it !!! 
I can rate this Feb'14 bag 3.5 on 5. I'll try to include more links & pics in my next post.

 Excited to receive the March bag as it has more promising previews!! 

If you are interested to be excited along with me:Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! Check it out here:http://www.ipsy.com/r/53m6

No comments:

Post a Comment

>