Privacy Policy

Monday, April 21, 2014

Ipsy - March 2014 - The Destination Beauty Bag Review

I know its very late for this review for the March Ipsy Bag, as I've already got my April bag too :(
Things have been pretty hectic that I didn't get any time to review the products. Couple of other reason were, I received the bag a tad bit late and also I wanted to try out all the products before I write about them unlike last month. So here we go:

The bag itself was a nice surprise as it had been an art made by a local artist: Klari Reis and had a sleek colorful look to it. It is the street map of the city where ipsy started: San Francisco :)



The March 2014 ipsy My Glam theme was “Destination Beauty” and included items that work on exotic beaches or a simple stay-cation!  I believe there were 11 different items that IPSY sent out in various combinations to subscribers and I received the below:



**bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready ($9):  I am not exactly a lipstick fan but love to experiment lip colors and nail colors than any other makeup.  This lipstick was so creamy and also smelled wonderful like a milky bar chocolate. The shade was also good on my skin, though I prefer more nude/brownish tinge to my lip colors. Definitely for keeps..

**NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow ($6):  Totally love all these colors, but I already have so many shadows in these shades.  It fits well into a travel purse or my office bag pouch.

**Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner ($24): I did love this color but it sort of looked more pale than indigo on my skin. Moreover it was not a smooth eyeliner like Revlon as it has a sharper edge and I'm not a very good eyeliner pencil perfectionist, as I tend to smudge. I do well with free flow liquid eyeliners. It was also staining the cap whenever I open/close it.


**Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer ($9):  Other reviews say this is an awesome product but I'm not really convinced about using a primer. I would prefer a concealer or something like "Porefessional" that came in Jan's Ipsy bag to be used underneath my foundation. It wasn't bad at all, but I do not like to wear heavy makeup and this gave me a feel so.

Totally $48 worth products for a $10 subscription, which is just awesome. I would definitely rate 4 on 5 for the March Ipsy Glam Bag.

Note: I have received my April Bag as well and will try to post the review as soon as possible.

If you are interested to be excited in receiving 4-5 beauty products every month:Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/53m6

No comments:

Post a Comment

>