Privacy Policy

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Ipsy - April 2014 - Beauty Rocks Bag Review & some more..

April is a pretty busy month always. Due to Tax filing, Spring cleaning, half yearly health checks & Katz' birthday :) I didnt do anything special for his bday this year. He felt that he is quite old for celebrations :( Hope doesnt do the same for my birthday too :P
But I kinda felt bad and baked him a brownie cake. It came out really good.

Spring cleaning has just begin and will last till may end I guess.
My medical tests went well as usual, but the shock came with Katz' cholesterol levels. It is really bad that he is on low cholesterol diet with meds. So I'm kinda trying to cook more healthy food, which I'll try to share with Pics here. 

I've also been very busy studying for my certification exams. I've completed the preliminary exam and the main exam has been scheduled in June.

Now about the Ipsy April Bag review.

The April 2014 Ipsy My Glam Bag theme was “Beauty Rocks”.  The makeupbag is indigo color - square sized with a old school record player imprinted on it.

There are usually 16-20 different items that could have arrived in  Ipsy bag every month and each subscriber will receive 4-5 full sized/sample sized products out of them. 

I got the below in my April Bag:


** Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet (0.03oz), approx retail value $15 -  My favorite piece from this bag! Urban Decay has recently released this pencil along with a cream eyeliner, eye pen, and eyeliner. This eye pencil is so smooth and dark and outlines my eye waterline very well. Its similar to that of Lakme Black Eyepencil if you know what I'm talking about. I may buy the full size if I get to use up all my black pencils. The Urban decay site offers some travel pencil sets with 3 or 4 24/7 glide on eye pencils. Check it out.Worth the cost.. Definitely!!!

** Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow in Champagne (full size at 0.07oz), retail value $12.99 -Champagne is a neutral, shimmery color I can use as a base or to highlight. It looks very good for both formal & casual makeup. But be careful with the box as the powder is very delicate and it may break out if you rough handle it.

** Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant (0.25oz), approx retail value $9.75
I cannot get over how ludicrously priced this product is. It's $78 for 2 oz. I cannot imagine that the average Ipsy subscriber is fitting a cleanser this expensive into their budget. I'm not sure if there is anything special about this cleanser to justify this price. I use L'oreal's Go 360 clean apricot exfoliator which is way more cheap & lasts long & serves best too.

** Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, retail Value $2.49 - the lowest value item but it’s a practical one  My current shadow brush is very old & messy. 

** Starlooks Luscious Longwear Lip Pencil in “Naked” - retail value $14 - I rarely use lip liners as most of the days I spend only 5 min on my hair & makeup :P. Usually I put on lip balm & gloss over it or lipstick in rare occasions. But I tried this creamy liner and not particularly impressed. I've some maybelline & Lakme lip liners which are too good on my lips and stay whole day. But this sort of got washed out and didnt last longer.

Totally $54 of products for a $10 subscription, which is just awesome. But its not the cost but quality & worth of the products that matter. I was happy only with the Urban Decay Glide on Eye Pencil and the Elizabeth Mott Pop! Goes the Shadow. I would rate just 2.5 on 5 for the April Ipsy Glam Bag.

I'm kinda excited for the May Bag as the sneak peeks have started. Hopefully will get the bag next week and will definitely try to review it soon.

If you are interested to be excited in receiving 4-5 beauty products every month:Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/53m6

No comments:

Post a Comment

>