Privacy Policy

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Skinny Teatox - 14 day Review


          Having to struggle with weight gain & maintenance (with my post partum weight, thyroid & hormone issues) has made me open minded about trying any sort of diet, which will help to reduce any measly pound off me.
I got an opportunity to try out this 14 day Skinny Teatox and I have heard some really good stuff about this and a few average ones. I immediately wanted to really get into this & see for myself. This post is going to be a bit long, so  kindly bear with me.

As per their website:


A 14 Day Teatox Promotes: 
  • Weight loss
  • Burn calories
  • Boost metabolism
  • Cleanse
  • Detoxify
  • Suppress appetite
  • Increase energy levels
All the ingredients in Skinny Teatox are 100% natural. There are no chemicals or preservatives. Ingredients include: tea leaves, senna leaf, ginseng, chrysanthemum, cinnamon bark, cloves, rhubarb, ginger, and more
This is Gluten free, GMO free & Nut free.
I got the below in my Teatox kit:
* 14 Day Skinny Teatox:
  • 14 Day supply of premium loose leaf tea (Morning tea)
  • 14 Day supply of detox weight loss tea ( 7 tea bags to be taken every other day)
* Strawberry Tea Infuser
They also sent a pamphlet with do's & dont's and also a list of foods that we can/cant take during this teatox.
I went one step ahead & tried to be gluten free for my 1st week and then gluten & rice free for my 2nd week. I also stopped dairy products for these 2 weeks.. I wanted to reduce atleast 10 lb (like how some reviews claim).
Below is my rough meal plan: (includes my prescription medicine & also OTC)
1. Morning Meds + 8 oz water
2. Morning tea - infused for 3-5 min with 8 oz hot water
3. Breakfast - different flavored Quaker Oats (The quick variety ones)
4. Mid - morning snack - cup of baby carrots/ one cup of almond milk / handful of dry roasted & sea salted mixed nuts
5. Lunch - Soup & corn tortilla chips/ different pulses & lentils sundal (sauteed with dry spices & little olive oil) / Quinoa veggie patties with some salad/ Gluten free pasta with tomato basil sauce
6. Evening snack - 1 cup of fruit (apple/orange/grape) (I hate bananas!!! :P)
7. Dinner - corn tortilla with bean & salsa / Quinoa patty with salad / Cooked Quinoa with lentils gravy & veggies
8. Evening tea - infused in 8 oz hot water (alternate days)
9. Night Meds + 8 oz water
10. Minimum 64 oz water every day & atleast thrice a week 30/40 min walk.
--> Positives of this 14 day teatox:
1. I seemed to have great energy through out the day. I usually feel lethargic around 2-3 PM and will usually need a quick power-nap of 10 min. But in these 2 weeks, I not only felt energetic whole day, but also didn't need extra caffeine.
2. Surprisingly, my appetite control was good. Neither I didn't have a need to munch on pre/post lunch nibbles nor crave & dip into emergency chocolate rations.
3. I was able to sleep well in the night without tossing & turning & feel refreshed when I woke up (With my thyroid levels, I always feel tired & sleep deprived in the mornings)
4. The morning tea had a very refreshing taste (fruity with hints of mint)
5. My inside felt very cleansed & detoxed. (could be due to the evening tea)
6. My pants fit better & comfortable.
--> Some negatives:
1. That evening tea is very very laxative. I had to visit the toilet ATLEAST thrice a day. This is in spite of not eating normal foods. I'm afraid it would have been worse if I had continued my normal food schedule.
2. With the amount of water intake, diet schedule & exercise, I believe, anyone would have reduced weight, even without the teatox tea. Maybe I should have tried one week on gluten/dairy/rice free diet & the other week without the diet.
3. The evening tea was very bitter if it soaked more than 4 minutes (like concentrated green tea)
4. In spite of all this I lost only 3.5 pounds the 1st week & 1.2 pounds the 2nd week.
 I was pretty happy to atleast have reduced this much, but when i checked back today morning (the teatox ended on last Saturday), I gained back what I lost :( :( The only change was my tea was over & I started taking back gluten/rice items. The rest remained the same (no dairy/same food schedule/water intake, etc)
Overall, I'm happy that the teatox gave me good sleep & great energy. But if I take the laxative condition, the foods that I had to forgo & the less weightloss, into consideration, I feel that this is probably not suitable for me. Maybe this will work out better for normal people (without thyroid/hormone/other issues), because, I find several reviews, before/after pictures on the internet praising the effectiveness of this teatox.
So what do you think?? Have you tried any such teatox before.. or are you ready to try it out & see for yourself?? Check the Skinny Teatox website for more details & to order this detox package.
 Note
I received one or more of the products in my reviews for free/in discount. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my followers/reader/friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

>