Privacy Policy

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Julep - March 2015 Box Review


As you all know, Julep Maven is a beauty subscription service which send over $40 worth of new beauty innovations and/or limited-run nail colors. We can customize or upgrade the box we get, can opt to skip a month & send it to a friend..

There are some options according to our beauty profile. Mine is the Boho glam box. But I customized almost all 3 products and got the below box:




My box contained the following:

* Nedra (IT Girl collection) -This is a 'Worn denim crème' as per description. It looks like bluish grey.
This dries fast & makes nail stronger, harder & more conditioned as it has Breakthrough Oxygen Technology, & contains 30% more oxygen. This gave a very smooth & creamy texture to my nails.



* Freedom Top Coat - I was in search of a fast drying, smudge free top coat for a while. Viola. Here it is.. This gives a gel-like finish without even the UV light and can be removed easily with normal polish remover.

* Julep Fluid Eye Glider - A jet black eyeliner pen with a no-fray precision felt tip that makes it easy to create thin or thick lines. I was running out of my black liquid liner and hence chose this. I've not tried to do the winged liner effect.. But as a normal eyeliner, this really holds throughout the day.

Julep also sent me an extra nail color from the Spring selection:

* Shawn (Bombshell collection) - This is a bright poppy creme color as described in the site. ( the base color in the mani above)
This also has Oxygen Technology and give a very creamy and glossy finish. The only thing I didn't like about this polish is that, it flowed too much even when I tried to take a small quantity in the brush. I had a hard time to make it look thin on my nail. 

Overall my box is worth around $53, even after the discounts. This is a great value for a $24.99 subscription.

If you would like to join Julep, use my link: Julep and just pay shipping for your first box. If you join now, you will get a 4 piece spring shades welcome box ( worth $62) 

1 comment:

  1. Great review and great designs!!! Thanks for the info! This is actually Jes Johnson, I don't know why it says Susan...

    ReplyDelete

>